Planning to Change the World: A Plan Book for Social Justice Teachers 2010-2011
Edited by Tara Mack and Bree Picower
Published by NYCoRE and the Education for Liberation Network in partnership with Rethinking Schools
|Planning to Change the World: A Plan Book for Social Justice Teachers 2010-2011 is a plan book for educators who believe their students can and will change the world. It is designed to help teachers translate their vision of a just education into concrete classroom activities.
Pre-order your copy through Rethinking Schools by June 30, 2010 for the discounted price of $14 ($13 for bulk orders), plus shipping and handling (Retail bookstore price $18). Your order will be shipped to you in mid-July.
The newest edition has all the things you would expect in a lesson plan book plus:
- Weekly planning pages packed with important social justice birthdays and historical events
- References to online lesson plans and resources related to those dates
- Tips from social justice teachers across the country
- Inspirational quotes to share with students
- Thought-provoking essential questions to spark classroom discussions on critical issues
- Reproducible social justice awards for students
- and much more
The 2010-2011 edition is the third in the Planning to Change the World series. Click here to view samples pages from the 2009-2010 edition.
This year’s calendar features all new historical anniversaries and birthdays. How is it that Planning to Change the World has new events and birthdays each year? Learn more about the 10 Year Rule and get a sneak peak at some sample dates from the 2010-2011 calendar.
For more information, including a video presentation and comments from educators, click here.